Sunday, April 01, 2007

ffox Technical Writing - Blog Launch

For the first time since the beginning of the year I've had a moment to consider my direction.

I'm now very active on LinkedIn. This is an online networking site with around nine million members. While the site is for business there are a substantial number of writers contributing and copywriters, technical writers, journalists and advertising writers are all very welcome. Anyone out there in blogland interested - just post on this thread and I'll get you a LinkedIn invitation.

I've also joined Guru.com and I'm actively searching for freelance writing gigs. Keeping this low profile at the moment as I have lots to do already for existing clients. The same applies to this one - if anyone out there wants to learn how or why - post on this thread.

A further push on the technical writing front - I've launched a business blog (there's a link over to the right).

Fictionwise - The Gateway is nearing completion of first revision, following Karen Frontain's edit, it will be returning to her soon.

11 comments:

Daniel I. Russell said...

Hey Chris.

In answer to your post over at my blog, why not enter the comp? Might be able to bag yourself a free copy!

As for all this free lancing writing thing, I don't feel expert enough in any of my non-fiction fields to submit (might be due to uni. Everytime I expressed an opinion, it was shot down by a mature student who was always right). I would love to do horror fiction freelance, and have offered my services to a few magazines. If they don't have a subs procedure, and I would only approach those who didn't, they already had their own people. Funny how they always tried to get me to subscribe though...

I am seriously considering using a pseudon of 'Stephen King' just to get the sales rolling.

Anyway, Ffox, glad to see your words are still flowing. I sent my (hopefuuly) final edits off to Faith this afternoon.

ffox said...

Greta stuff M8 - good luck with the final edits

Chris

Anonymous said...

My lord, it's all go at Wildchild!

It's fantastic to see you getting stuck into the writing Chris. And this blog is quite the looker too. Well done again!

Cellophane Queen said...

I've stopped by both those sites. I've dallied with the idea of going back to tech writing given that the Great American Novel hasn't come to me yet. Tech writing certainly would make me more money.

Good luck on your ventures into the dark side of writing (money-oriented).

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter Chris, hope you have fun rolling eggs down hills, or heads down hills... :)

Amanda D. said...

Thanks for the tip with guru. I'm up to my eyeballs in work right now, but I need to start lining up future stuff.

So, uh, I guess you're competition and we can no longer be friends now. :) Was nice while it lasted.

Emmy Ellis said...

Yay re: The Gateway. Can't wait to read it. And do that cover, it's still in my head.

Re: writing. I'm a dim bird sometimes. Maybe email me about it, mate?

Thanks.

:o)

KMFrontain said...

Eh? I'm a dunce and forgot you had a blog. So here I am, doing a quickie visit, saying hello. :D

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't mind having a look at the Linked in Chris if your up for it.

Daniel I. Russell said...

Hey Chris.

Karen has taken over as my editor. Is it true what they say about her? That she looks like a happy seal?

KMFrontain said...

It's a sloth! My happy Buddhist sloth. LOL

I wonder if I could find a smiling seal?